NHC gold! Thank you all!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PattyC

Reaction score
I still can't believe it, but I won a gold medal in the English Pale Ale category at NHC this year with my Ordinary Bitter! Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. I've learned so much from simply reading and interacting on this site. Couldn't make it to Philly, but I hope to hit Grand Rapids next year -- a perfect vacay after I finish grad school!

Cheers from NC, y'all!

:mug:

Good job! It ain't easy brewing an award winner. I'm gunna re-brew my Maori IPA for one of those main events. Glad to see hard work pay off. Nas Darovie' :mug:

I still can't believe it, but I won a gold medal in the English Pale Ale category at NHC this year with my Ordinary Bitter! Just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone on this forum. I've learned so much from simply reading and interacting on this site. Couldn't make it to Philly, but I hope to hit Grand Rapids next year -- a perfect vacay after I finish grad school!

Cheers from NC, y'all!

:mug:

I JUDGED EPA at the final round of the NHC. Small world, huh? :mug:

I didn't judge every entry- just a little over a third of them. Let me know if you get one of my scoresheets- and then we have something more in common.

Nice. I brew mostly English Pale Ales and got a gold in a local comp last year for an ESB. Hopping my Best Bitter takes it this year (I feel pretty good about it).

I would love to see your recipe.

Fan-freakin'-tastic!!!!!! Hhhhhuuuuuzzzzzaaaaahhhhhhh!

And thank you for giving us the opportunity to celebrate with you - we wouldn't have known otherwise. I love it when people share news like this, we all get to revel in your accomplishment!

And +1000000000 on sharing your recipe in the HBT recipe database.

I JUDGED EPA at the final round of the NHC. Small world, huh? :mug:

I didn't judge every entry- just a little over a third of them. Let me know if you get one of my scoresheets- and then we have something more in common.

Oh wow! Small world, indeed, Yooper. I appreciate all the input you give on these forums. It DOES make a difference. I'll definitely let you know if you actually got to judge my beer once I get my score sheets back. Cheers! :mug:

Thanks, everyone! Again, I appreciate all the support here. I went ahead posted Ol' Bitter Bastard in the recipe database. Cheers!

Latest posts

Back