New brewer...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ShootersBrewCrew

Reaction score
Just transferred our first batches of beer into the secondary carboys to condition for another two weeks.

We sampled and the APA is fantastic. The Christmas ale tastes very young yet. Seems to be a lot of flavored but none to pick out yet!

We took gravity reading and they are both on the money. APA is 1.012 and the Christmas Ale is at 1.014.

Sounds like you're on your way! You can even let them settle out clear or slightly misty in primary to save cleaning & chance of oxidation. but either way is good.

Sounds good. Read through other threads about transferring to secondary. It is not the worst thing but sometimes it is unnecessary in spite of kit instructions telling you otherwise. But in the end, so long as you do it right and keep things clean, secondary is not bad. I simply prefer not to do it though.

The Christmas ale you have will probably get better with age. I think the APA is a quick beer that you'll enjoy right away. That's just my opinion.

Back