New Brew Style!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Einberger1

Reaction score
Just invented a new brew... Instructions are pretty simple. All grain maibock, brew as normal. Let sit 3 weeks in a primary, and then transfer to a newly purchased 5 gallon secondary. Lager for 3 weeks at 38 degrees, and then decide to check gravity/flavor. Decide to let carboy slip out of hands and gush 5 gallons of sweet nectar all over your floor. Curse so loud your kids think the Packers just threw away a sure fire victory, and then thank God above that it missed your feet and that your wife is out for the night...and that you have a wet/dry vac. I think I'll name it "Floorbock"..,any better ideas?

image-1755595898.jpg

Next time you'll purchase the carboy handle too. Lol. Tough break man. I almost broke one drying it on a carboy dryer. Never drying on high narrow table again.

Smart guy bought the handle but left it sitting on the counter in the kitchen...it's a Thursday night so I can't even blame it on being any number of sheets to the wind!

Happens to the best of us. I was transferring my carboy IN the "brew hauler" when the nylon webbing slipped out from one side which caused it to tip which caused me to trip which caused it to smash...luckily my kitchen has linoleum and I have a s*it load of towels... Cheers!

Had a pic nip tap get wedged in the cornie handle one night. I guess the lid of my chest freezer pushed down on the hose wedging it in the handle. I awakened to 5 gal on the kitchen floor and a happy German Shepard..:drunk:
$h!t happens!

I am sorry for your loss. I am happy you are ok. I am confused as to why people feel the need to walk around with full carboys. Not 1 pro brewer will walk around with a 150 gallon conical that is full why do some of us?

I wasn't walking around with it, I was clumsy while trying to grab a gravity reading and knocked it out of my lagering fridge. Anyone ever had any issues using plastic for an extended lager (probably as volatile and passionate a question as SS vs Aluminum boil kettles...)?

Back