It never ends, does it?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tekknoschtev

Reaction score
So I thought I'd be content with brewing more, then I got a kegging setup. It seems to have gone all down hill from there. First the kegs, then the shanks, faucets, drip try, bottle opener, cap catcher. Fridge is done. Then I bought more kegs.

Got our corona grain mill in a few weeks ago, have 2 sacks of grain sitting in the basement with about 25lbs of other specialty grains to make pretty much whatever my brother and I feel like making.

But I thought that'd be it. Right? RIGHT!? No...

Just came home from the home brew shop with the remaining parts to make my bottling wand. I just needed a quick disconnect and some beer line. Should have been easy enough, right? Yeah, I thought so too. I picked up 4-lbs of flaked maize (sounds so much more impressive than corn flakes) and a 2000ml erlenmeyer flask.

I'm still not interested in pursuing building of a brew stand/rig, though my brother does have a welder sitting in the garage looking awfully unloved these days....

Dangit! Its a good thing I've got a job, otherwise I'd be the junky on the corner dancing for change so I could buy more propane.

well you are further in the game than i am, but i know what you mean. just got my cooler for making my mashtun so i can do all grain. then i need ineed i need

I wish to say, "Bob, just this one more _______ and that's ALL I need. I promise!" Then he realized I lied to myself. It never ends.

You might get a 1/2 barrel all electric HERMS. But even then, it's not enough. I just had to change to a CFC. Oh, and i'm not crazy about the HLT. So while I change that, I might as well change the boil kettle, too.

It never ends. Trust me. Don't fight it.

The only thing that has slowed me down is space and the fact that my "beer" room will be the baby's room at some point in the future. My wife said that I can move the keg fridge into the loft, so ...

Irritating eh? Actually I have stopped at 6 kegs + 4 carboys. All I buy now is grain and hops. Maybe I'll break even this year (beer savings vs brewing hardware ...!)

Irritating eh? Actually I have stopped at 6 kegs + 4 carboys. All I buy now is grain and hops. Maybe I'll break even this year (beer savings vs brewing hardware ...!)

Considering I brew way more than I'll ever drink and give most of it away I think I'm getting further in the hole every month. I wish I weren't addicted to the smell of mashing grains...

WELCOME TO THE CLUB! Got a PH meter ( I found one cheap on ebay) because 2 judges tasted some astringency in 2 brews entered into competitions, drilling out my econo stainless brew pot (may have some bending issues and praying I don't f' up the pot). Building a 10 gal mash tun and a CPVC manifold to replace my 5 gal bucket system which does fine for 90% of my usage.... $$$ But... well i'm into it now! all grain rocks! I made beer from raw malted grain... AGAIN...WELCOME TO THE CLUB! sorry your hooked!.... it's all good.

I once owned only a pot and a bucket.

Now my garage looks like this:

163.jpg

AND:

165.jpg

So....yeah. It doesn't end. I also just added a conical fermentor and four more kegs. And two filters (so I can go through the "coarse" filter, and then the "medium" filter in one step...of course. Who doesn't do that?).

So now I'm sitting here on the couch, thinking about what I'm going to brew, and when. My Saturday just flashed before my eyes, and Sunday just got tied up. Maybe next weekend? Its nice being able to figure out what I want to brew, and only have to wander to the basement to make it a reality.

Definitely looking to start a couple of 10-gallon batches now. It seems a shame to have all these kegs (9 in total) and only three full of beer. We just go through them too fast to keep going on with only 5 gallon batches. :ban:

True, true, it never ends...

But if you think you've got it bad, try buying a sailboat ;-)

Truth be told, I considered it this past summer. Were it not for my logic slinging girlfriend and the car I had just bought, I'd have had one. I live in the middle of the state - so it'd have been an hour and a half each way to sail, and I was looking to trailer it (though I could dock it at my folks place for the season). Fortunately, I was able to see through the low price of "$2,500" for what it really was.

I once owned only a pot and a bucket.

Now my garage looks like this:

So....yeah. It doesn't end. I also just added a conical fermentor and four more kegs. And two filters (so I can go through the "coarse" filter, and then the "medium" filter in one step...of course. Who doesn't do that?).

Jesus....:rockin:

Back