Irish Blonde and American Red

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fingers

Reaction score
Yeah, I know. WTF?

SWMBO was heading to the city a few weeks back so I emailed my HBS with two ten gallon orders. In my email I labelled each list of ingredients as beer #1 and beer #2 so he wouldn't mix them up.

So as soon as the packages came home I brewed the first one up. It was to be an Irish Red from a recipe that I found at Beersmith's site. I remember thinking, 'It's not very red, but then again the recipe came from an unknown brewer.'

So today I go to brew up the blonde. I open the grain sack and see oats. Oh crap. :eek:

Well, done is done so I went ahead and brewed my Red with Cascade hops and Wyeast American Ale II. The blonde got the EKG and the Irish Ale yeast.

In the end I'll have beer. Weird sorta beer, but beer nonetheless. Other than you guys, anyone I know wouldn't bat an eye if I said they were drinking an Irish Blonde so I think I'll be good. :cool:

Yeah, I know. WTF?

SWMBO was heading to the city a few weeks back so I emailed my HBS with two ten gallon orders. In my email I labelled each list of ingredients as beer #1 and beer #2 so he wouldn't mix them up.

So as soon as the packages came home I brewed the first one up. It was to be an Irish Red from a recipe that I found at Beersmith's site. I remember thinking, 'It's not very red, but then again the recipe came from an unknown brewer.'

So today I go to brew up the blonde. I open the grain sack and see oats. Oh crap. :eek:

Well, done is done so I went ahead and brewed my Red with Cascade hops and Wyeast American Ale II. The blonde got the EKG and the Irish Ale yeast.

In the end I'll have beer. Weird sorta beer, but beer nonetheless. Other than you guys, anyone I know wouldn't bat an eye if I said they were drinking an Irish Blonde so I think I'll be good. :cool:

I think the most interesting part is the hops, a blonde-red with cascade and a red blonde with ekg....

I don't think changing the yeast will make a noticeable difference as long as you keep them below ester production. interesting experiment keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back