I cant find simcoe hops!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twelvelookslikex

Reaction score
Im trying to find simcoe hops and have checked everywhere. Should I just replace them with warrior? or does someone know a place that has them?

There are getting hard to find! If you can't find them, you can try subbing them but there isn't a good substitute for the flavor and aroma of simcoe. Warrior would not be a good sub at all. If you have to sub, you could try a mixture of chinook and cascade to get that "cat pee and citrusy pine" flavor and aroma.

Have you checked my freezer? :cross:

This time of year hop selections really drops. If you have the means to brew in the heat of the summer, it's a good idea to plan your summer-early fall brews and buy bulk in the spring. That, or just get 3 or 4 varieties that you really like in bulk.

There are getting hard to find! If you can't find them, you can try subbing them but there isn't a good substitute for the flavor and aroma of simcoe. Warrior would not be a good sub at all. If you have to sub, you could try a mixture of chinook and cascade to get that "cat pee and citrusy pine" flavor and aroma.

haha yea I might have to. 50/50 chanook and cascade? yea I read some place on the internet warrior is a replacement but who the hell knows their sources

Have you checked my freezer? :cross:

This time of year hop selections really drops. If you have the means to brew in the heat of the summer, it's a good idea to plan your summer-early fall brews and buy bulk in the spring. That, or just get 3 or 4 varieties that you really like in bulk.

you selling any? haha

Ahh, I lied anyway. I have a half pound, unopened. I'd work out a trade with ya but not sure its really worth it.

Back