Hop Storage question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bbrim

Reaction score
About how much space does a pound of hop pellets take up? I have a regular upright fridge with freezer on top. We never have it more than 1/4 full, any guess as to how many hops i might be able to store? Thanks for your help.

Several pounds if you vacuum seal. I have over 4# of hops in my freezer compartment and it's not even 1/5th full.

I know that you can buy the ziplock/renyolds vaccum bags at most grocery stores, would they be alright to store hops in. I've been looking for those metallic o2 barrier bags but havent had much luck.

I have not used barrier bags. I do have a Tilia food saver that I use for all kinds of things. Cheap buys at the big box, camping supply's, seeds saved from the garden, leftover crushed grain....

Worth every penny
Chardo

I should have bought more! I ordered 3 lbs last night, while the prices are good. The SWMBO was totalloy on board, especially after I explained it would save $100+ over buying it from the LHBS. Thanks guys.

Back