It finally happened to me!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

estricklin

Reaction score
So I've always heard the war stories about how "oh I brewed a terrible beer and left it for a year and it turned out great", my thoughts have always been if I wanted to wait more than a few months, I'd be making wine, not beer.

I had a collection of 6 packs of "not so good beer" in my beer fridge and was going to start throwing some out today, so I did the usual and tasted them first. Contestant one, nasty and undrinkable. Door number 2, not as bad as it was but still nothing I wanted to drink. The last one, my heart sank after finding out there were only 15 blue bottle caps left. Not even sure what kind of beer it is but most likely a California Steam knowing me. It's only been about 8 months but WOW. By far the best beer I've ever brewed. Super clear, no off flavors. Has quite a bit of hop flavor, hops are not as dull as you would expect for a beer that age though. Head retention isn't the best but it is carbonated perfect.

The real story is I haven't brewed in a while because I had gotten frustrated with a string of bad batches. Today I feel like I want to brew again.

IMG_1941_zps5852a80f.jpg

Good to hear! Tasted a beer yesterday, and it's not very good. First time using columbus hops, and used waaay too much for aroma. Hoping it will get better, because I have 5 gallons

Latest posts

Back