East bound and down, loaded up and truckin'

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HeavyKettleBrewing

Reaction score
WA, OR and NorCal...unloading the haul. Some poor bastards did not make the journey as far south as San Diego. Great trip and some cool breweries. Places I have never heard of and places I have waited too long to visit. RR was awesome. Missed out on Lagunitas because we lost our sideview mirror on a bridge and got into Petaluma too late. We'll do Lagunitas next time because there has to be a sequel. Cheers to the folks at HUB, Deschutes, Hales, RR, Rogue and Caldera. These were my favorites.:rockin:

20120822_185516.jpg

Very nice! If I ever do a brewery tour, I'm going to have to hire a designated driver, cause I doubt any of em would make it home:p

Definitely hit Lagunitas next time. I love that place.

I will. I had to choose between running into RR and getting bottles and then hoping I could make it to Petaluma in time to hit up Lagunitas or just enjoy Russian River. It was a hard decision but once I was in RR taproom, I planted myself for awhile. I had to hit 580 at first light in order to get back to San Diego at a decent time. We plan to take the RV to WA for a summer trip each year. I missed some other places in OR and WA. It will make for a blockbuster sequel. I hear the food at Lagunitas is real good also.

I will. I had to choose between running into RR and getting bottles and then hoping I could make it to Petaluma in time to hit up Lagunitas or just enjoy Russian River. It was a hard decision but once I was in RR taproom, I planted myself for awhile. I had to hit 580 at first light in order to get back to San Diego at a decent time. We plan to take the RV to WA for a summer trip each year. I missed some other places in OR and WA. It will make for a blockbuster sequel. I hear the food at Lagunitas is real good also.

The food at Lagunitas is fantastic (as is the pizza at RR), but I really loved the laid back atmosphere of Lagunitas. They have a huge patio area with picnic tables and every other person there had their dog with them. It's a stark contrast from some breweries that fancy themselves high end gastro pubs.

For the sequel, I would highly recommend checking out Anderson valley brewing company as well. Great place with their own disc golf course on site.

Back