Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > dry hopping - magnum

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2010, 04:01 PM   #11
android
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

you should be able to find those 1 gallon jugs at your LHBS. if not, buy some cheapo carlo rossi wine, dump or cook with the wine, and use the glass jug for fermenting. also you can sometimes find apple juice in those 1 gallon jugs.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-16-2010, 03:35 AM   #12
android
Recipes 

Liked 38 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 3

i've been reserving judgment on this beer for a few weeks. i didn't love it at first due to the wy1028 i used, but i really like it now that the yeast has mellowed out a bit. i got kinda drunk the night when i was gonna dry hop it and ended up with magnum, willamette, and some mystery hop (i THINK it was centennial) all mixed together, so i can't say whether or not the magnum is good/bad solo, but it works with whatever i tossed in there. definitely more of a floral aroma with this beer, i like it.

ebay temp controller | thermostat temp controller

Old 07-14-2014, 02:59 PM   #13
badducky
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by android View Post
you should be able to find those 1 gallon jugs at your LHBS. if not, buy some cheapo carlo rossi wine, dump or cook with the wine, and use the glass jug for fermenting. also you can sometimes find apple juice in those 1 gallon jugs.
If you're only major goal is to see the difference in different dry hop flavors, you can use apple cider made straight in these different jugs, too. Cider has a very clean flavor, too, which will make certain the different hop flavors jump out.

Cider's real easy, too. Get a little corn sugar, stir it in, and add some dry yeast.

After the krausen drops, dry hop a cone or a few pellets, and see what you smell.

Quick Reply