craigslist for brew equip, what a deal

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imnothardcore

Reaction score
Hey guys Im a new brewer and I currently have both better bottles occupied so I decided to take to cragslist to see if I could save a few bucks on some carboys.

I just picked up four 6 gallon glass carboys and an immersion chiller (#3 I guess..lol) on CL for $50. Im pretty stoked about this. Was wondering if any of you guys have found amazing deals like this?

Being at 6 carboys makes me pretty excited so early. Also super antsy to get something in them!! two 5 gallon batches will be brewed this weekend!

alright, thats enough beered up ramblings.... :drunk:

share your deals or any other ramblings

Yep that's a steal.I hope you have, or plan to get, a kegerator because that's a lot a bottling if you plan on using all 8 carboys all the time.

I would fill them all of them and buy 4 more taps for my kegerator but swmbo wouldn't not be pleased.

What a deal! I envy you, though I like plastic more than glass. I'm just afraid to drop glass.

I scan CL regularly. I picked up 100 lb of 2 row for $50 last year, a full 20 lb CO2 aluminum tank (in date) for $80, and my best score was a small, older-but-fully-functional kegerator (will fit 4 cornies) with single tap tower & regulator for $60. All these from different sources.

Wow these are some great deals. Wish I could come across some good ones like this.

I was able to score two 20 lb CO2 tanks and a 10 lb tank for $60. Both 20lb tanks were still certified.

a couple weeks ago i picked up a 10lb co2 tank almost full, a 50 cu foot nitros tank ( same size as co2 tank) almost empty, a regulator for each tank, 2 sanke d couplers, and a guiness draught stout faucet on a 5" shank, all for $25.00. they were moving and didnt have room for it,and wanted to help a fellow brewer out, unfortunately he had already gotten rid of the kegs

I get glass carboys for $20 a piece and PET for $12 from a guy I found on craigslist.

Nice guys!!!!

Yah I'm looking into being able to keg within a week or two.

Any links for the cheapest setup for a ball corny setup

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

I spent about a month talking myself out of spending $120-150 for a new mini fridge or chest freezer, telling myself something will pop up on craigslist eventually..,

...then this popped up. Guy wanted $50 but ended up trading it to me for an old iPod I have no use for. It's working great, and is a combo mini-fridge/wine cooler (Danby DWC440 Millenium) so it's even better for a fermentation chamber, because it has a clear door (no shelving), no freezer to remove, and an actual thermostat!

So glad I waited...

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392890579.948058.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

You can also have luck with a Wanted post on craigslist. I recently got corny kegs (ball locks) for 35 bucks each about 5 miles from my house. The guy would throw in all the connectors and a tap handle, for double dark McSorley's ale. In my youth we used to hang out at McSorley's old ale house in NY city, before it became wildly popular and just as women were being allowed in for the first time. I took it as an omen and bought 5.

Back