Cabonator Cap Tips

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TAK

Reaction score
Does anyone have any suggestions on best practice with a carbonator cap?

I just got one and am going to use it to carbonate my FG sample today. I know it's probably a bit trial and error, but it would be nice to get the carbonation decent, as the beer is a lager and I won't get another taste for a couple months.

Any tips on getting the carbonation right, not flat and not over-carbed?

chill the beer.....put 30 psi on it and shake the hell out of it.

chill the beer.....put 30 psi on it and shake the hell out of it.

How much headspace? Too little, and I assume you can't carb. Too much, and I'd expect you turn it into fizz.

Like he said above but leave a couple inches of head space (more then you would filling and capping a regular bottle). That way others enough co2 to force into solution. After you squeeze all the air out ofcourse

Sent from my Z796C using Home Brew mobile app

I always leave about 8-12oz of headspace (about 2-3"), squeeze out the air so the liquid is at the very top when I cap it, then hit it with 30PSI, and shake.

I do this all out of primary at room temp, then toss it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, then serve!

I always leave about 8-12oz of headspace (about 2-3"), squeeze out the air so the liquid is at the very top when I cap it, then hit it with 30PSI, and shake.

I do this all out of primary at room temp, then toss it in the freezer for about 15 minutes, then serve!

^ this

I have started keeping a few 20 Oz & 2 liter bottles on hand for those times that there is beer left once the keg is full.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Home Brew mobile app

Back