BrewShoes and other Beer Day Rituals

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shoes - depends on the season here (Chicago). I brew outside so it is anything from sneakers to sandals or barefoot like yesterday. About the only thing that I really like to do is have my recipe worked out and the water ready the night before. And I rarely have a beer before I begin chilling the wort. Most of the time it waits until I am completely done. I am too afraid of screwing something up if I drink while brewing, and I usually start brewing between 6 and 7 in the morning.

Lately,it's been slippers or barefoot. Shorts & one of my Hard Rock Cafe tee shirts from around the country. And we don't drink till we're done brewing. Otherwise,we're pretty busy brewing,sanitizing,whatever to where we don't feel much of a buzz. Kind of a waste of good brew.
Then,when all is said & done,it's out to the table in the shade for some cool ales.

azscoob said:
For you I would go with a Fez.

"I wear a fez now. Fezzes are cool."

My ritual apparently involves dorkyness...and flip flops. Though, since I just started brewing and brew outside, the flip flops may not be around in the colder months. No music, sadly. The wife and I brew together and have divergent tastes in music. The iPad is also always along for the ride. iBrewmaster FTW.

When brewing I support a DFH shirt. Mostly because it's already got holes and stains from all of the other brew days it's been through.

I always brew on sundays and early enough to listen to brunch with bob and friends on our local 94.9 radio station. When that's over I continue with a reggea play list.
As for shoes-well I only own flip flops:cool:

I'm not made,for diggin deep holes. I'm not made,for pimpin' dem hoes...but I'm,pretty good at makin beer! lolz. There's a bleedin song for ya,yaahaar! :D

brew glass - if im' at home, it's the only one i'll drink out of.
5344805913_af0fc7b395_z.jpg

also, pouring out a sample of the beer i have fermenting if it is in the buckets!

no other rituals as of yet, but i'm sure i'll get some!

On brew day ill be in some sandals, year round, more than likely some plaid shorts and either a braves jersey or old ratty shirt. Ill have corey smith streaming on pandora, of course a few homebrews in!

you want a song? I'll give ye a bleedin' song-[ame="http://youtu.be/skWOB3se68Q"]http://youtu.be/skWOB3se68Q[/ame] Now there's a song,ye crack handed deck apes! Yaaaahahaaaa!

Have to have my beer named before brewing begins. Two I've had named came out great, the rest i didn't have named, and not so much.

That and my odell t-shirt.

Other than cleaning the bejesus out of the kitchen and sportin crocs for the reasons already stated, I've yet to get a ritual going. Kind of. I never brew alone. Must have someone present, friend, family, kids, it doesn't matter. This process is a thing to share, to spread. I tell everyone that will listen about it.

PROST!

Latest posts

Back