Brewing w/ Friends, and then this happens!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darkness

Reaction score
image.jpg
Wake put to DemiJohn foaming over the blow off and 1 gal of beer on the floor.
Who else has brew friends and has to clean up there beer?
I really like brew friends, cleaning my basement at 8 am on Sunday sucks

Well I have concrete floors so clean up is as easy as shop vac, deck brush, squeegee. But moving 7 fermenters sucks

I'm confused. Is this their beer that's at your place or something you brewed together? The other thing is that you can hardly blame your friends for what appears to be a growler full of sanitizer overflowing due to vigorous fermentation. As a brewer with knowledge of the fermentation process you accepted the risk of this happening when you agreed to ferment the beer at your place. It sucks, of course, but I don't think you should be blaming your friends for something that's not their fault. Seems to me they took good precautions like using a blowoff and a large sanitizer vessel.

I ferment in a spare bedroom with carpet so this would be disastrous for me. I put the small blow off container inside an empty 3 gallon bucket so if it overflows it is still contained.

If there was a bigger Glass fermenter than a Demi John we would have a couple. I know when we brew there is the chance if foam over. But after 8 hours and 48gal, I should have put blow off in sink. I have a blast with my friends and even come home to them brewing or transferring with out me.

If there was a bigger Glass fermenter than a Demi John we would have a couple. I know when we brew there is the chance if foam over. But after 8 hours and 48gal, I should have put blow off in sink. I have a blast with my friends and even come home to them brewing or transferring with out me.

"Demijohn" means nothing since they come in several sizes. You're fermenting in a 15 gallon? Must've been a pain moving that around to clean up the mess.

I owe billy a couple of batches for last year's brewday. You do have a great thing going with so many brew friends. I'm finally getting a crew of my own out here. I just had to hook them up with their own kegs! Now when they need a keg filled, they have to spend the day learning how to brew.
maybe we'll see you guys this year.

Finnaly got them off BMC nipple. That's sweet way funner with friends. Ya if you cod come down that would be great. We need to road trip to you at some point and bring the moble setup and throw down.
We are doing a big brew day on the in two weeks and going to be showing a newbie how to brew. Pour guy won't seeing it done at my place then trying it at his, he might just be part of the crew.

Back