Bought some Founders Dirty Bastard today

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chadwick

Reaction score
:mug:

My oh my. This is rich stuff. Very flavorful. It sort of reminds me of the cheesecake the Mrs brought home from the Cheesecake Factory. I was looking forward to getting a little naughty and eat more cheesecake than I should. (I really love cheesecake) As it turned out, it was impossible. It was so rich that I could only eat a little bit at a time.

This beer is like that. It isn't the alcohol content, which is modestly high at 8.5%. It is the richness of the flavor and mouth feel. It's really like that cheesecake. Either than or I'm turning into a lightweight. Which I suppose is possible since I haven't been brewing since summer. (Way too busy, but that is about to get a lot better) And since I haven't been brewing, I also haven't been enjoying much "Good" beer.

At any rate, I like this beer quite a bit. I haven't been around much lately, again, I've been very busy. Things are about to slow down for me in the next couple of weeks and I intend to brew at least 3 batches before Christmas. That should get the pipeline flowing again. (eventually)

I hope everyone enjoyed Thanksgiving and happy holidays to everyone. :)

Good stuff. Had it on tap during a trip to Michigan last year. I recently found Backwoods Bastard in a store here in KY. It's basically a Bourbon Barrel aged version of Dirty Bastard. If you can find it I would highly recommend it! I'm the same way though, after one I'm done. Very rich.

Back