Bottling...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lunchtime

Reaction score
How does everybody sanitize their bottles? I see a lot of people do it in the dishwasher but alas...I do not have one.

As of right now, I just boil every single bottle in batches of about 16 at a time..kind of a pain. Would it be crazy to just fill each one with sanitizer and let them sit for a bit? Seems easier than my crazy boiling process.

Vinator and starsan, takes about 7 minutes to sanitize 2 cases of bottles. 3 to 4 pumps and bob's your uncle.

vinator.jpg

Check out my bottling tips thread.

The dunk and soak method is fine as well. But this is much easier.

Oh yeah,that vinator atop my bottle tree saves a lot of time & hassle! Def worth every penny. And a bottle of starsan lasts for ages.

Thanks guys...Looks like a trip to my LHBS might be in order. That looks super easy and efficient.

That was extremely helpful. It's those little things that help a lot that I never would have done for myself...Like attaching the wand straight to the spigot...genius lol

When I bought my vinator & bottle tree,I also picked up the Fermtech bottling wand,a 7.9G pale,& the Italian spigot. I attached a 3-4 foot 3/8" tube to it that fits the recess on the spigot. I put my bottle on top of my old 12 pack cooler,& can sit down to bottle.

Well sadly my wand doesn't fit my spigot, so I'll have to fix that at a later date...On a brighter note, my coffee stout smells so good, I could drink it with some ice right now...Who needs bottles? lol

I saw the Vinator in one of Revvy's bottling tip threads. I went out and got one, and I gotta say, it's the best damn move I've made in a long time !!!

I def have to agree. It & the bottle tree it fits on have been the single most time saving thing I've bought so far. Of course,some electronic temp control would be nice too...

I break out my 5 gallon bucket of StarSan on bottling morning. I can get about 13 bottles in at a time. After a few min i remove and place on the lower rack of the dish washer. I think it's Revvy's idea of setting the bottling bucket on the dishwasher. That way the bottles are w/in easy reach and the drips land on the washer door. Bottling wand is cut shorter to make life easier.

Well sadly my wand doesn't fit my spigot, so I'll have to fix that at a later date...On a brighter note, my coffee stout smells so good, I could drink it with some ice right now...Who needs bottles? lol

My wand doesn't fit the spigot either but a 3 inch length of tubing does the match up. It also lets me pivot the wand a bit when I tilt the bucket to get the last couple of bottles filled.

You just take a 1" piece of hose and use that as a bridge connector between the spigot and bottling wand.

Back