Any good quotes from the bible about booze?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bronco1500

Reaction score
* So Im sitting on the couch surfing HBT, and mostly ignoring the TV, which is playing a history chanel show on some aspect of the bible. *

I heard the TV give a quote and it got me thinking. In that giant book there has to be a few great "one liners" about beer / wine / booze,

Do any come to mind ? I must admit my knowledge of the bible is not very fluent.

Any help is appreciated

Proverbs 31:7 let them drink and forget their poverty and remember their misery no more.

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
Give strong drink unto him that is ready to perish, and wine unto those that be of heavy hearts.

Just a few I found.

Not in the Bible, but during Prohibition someone said " If Jesus were to come back, and turn water into wine, he's be arrested".
Proverbs 31:6 Give beer to those who are perishing, wine to those who are in anguish.
1 Corinthians 6:10
Nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God.
I like the first one better. I'm in anguish by the way!:D

Back