The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > General Beer Discussion > Another DOH!!!!!! Moment

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #1
604brewer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default Another DOH!!!!!! Moment

So I've been making extract recipes from my LHBS store with a plastic primary fermentation bucket, and recently built myself a keg setup, after fermenting for two weeks I would rack to my kegs and worth the life of me could never figure out why I always had so much leftover, so today I finally measured out my bucket and discovered the mark I was told to top up to was actually 6 gallons and not five. I think I'll scale down my water next time so I don't have so much leftover.

Oops.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-03-2012, 10:39 PM   #2
duboman
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 450 Times on 419 Posts
Likes Given: 200

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604brewer
So I've been making extract recipes from my LHBS store with a plastic primary fermentation bucket, and recently built myself a keg setup, after fermenting for two weeks I would rack to my kegs and worth the life of me could never figure out why I always had so much leftover, so today I finally measured out my bucket and discovered the mark I was told to top up to was actually 6 gallons and not five. I think I'll scale down my water next time so I don't have so much leftover.

Oops.
Your gravity readings alone at OG should have clued you in that there was a problem as well

The Commune Brewing Company-Perfecting the "art" of beer since 2010

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply