European water profiles (lots of belgian cities) link

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thundercougarfalconbird

Reaction score
Was looking for water profiles for an english mild and some belgian sours I have planned. London Well's profile seems nice, low in sulfates compared to beersmiths london profile. If anyone has any combating sources on specific city profiles I'd like to see em. Seems useful, not sure how accurate the information is though., and would love some confirmation before I attempt to replicate.
http://home.comcast.net/~david.s.draper/beer/waterpro.html

Anything that Draper or others have cited, I have reviewed to some degree for Bru'n Water. There are a large set of Belgian city profiles in that program that have at least been evaluated for ionic balance. In some cases, those Belgian profiles were also verified with visits to the local water authority for their published water quality. I'm still a little apprehensive with the ionic levels in some of those profiles since some have high concentrations. You can try them out, but I question their effect on beer quality and perception. I also suggest that you consider using the 'Boiled' version of those profiles since that is more likely the condition that the local brewers would have used them in. Boiling is and was a very simple treatment that substantially improves the brewing suitability of those waters. It makes sense to target that water instead of creating the original and then boiling it to get the levels back down.

Back