The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 10:20 AM   #1
mysterio
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default Wyeast 1275 Thames Valley

I'm using this yeast in a brew at the moment. It seems to be a very slow fermenter, I pitched last Friday and there was an enormous amount of foam the next day but the gravity doesn't seem to have dropped much. The gravity seems to be dropping very slowly each day now. Is this anyone elses experience?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-27-2007, 02:02 PM   #2
ajf
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 97 Times on 91 Posts
Likes Given: 39

I've useed it several times with good results. I've never got a lot of krausen, and the fermentation isn't as vigorous as the 1028, but I haven't found it to be noticeably slower than most others. Admittedly, I leave in primary for two weeks, then secondary for 4 before kegging so I probably wouldn't notice if it was slow. But by the end of the 6 weeks, it's always ready to keg.

-a.

Old 01-27-2007, 06:12 PM   #3
azmtnbiker
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

The 2 times I have used the yeast I have gotten fairly good ferments even at the lower temps for the strain. The first one I did not use a starter and it took a little to get going but was done in 6 days. If I remember correctly it did not ferment really fast or vigorus like nottingham. Slow and steady.
Great yeast for an ESB

Quick Reply