Slovenian Saison (first own recipe!)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klinus

Reaction score
Hey guys!

I've just been brewing for a few months, and this is just the third batch I ever made, but it just turned out so damn good I'm chocked, and I wanted to share it with someone! :tank:

So I found these slovenian hops that I'd never heard of, Celeia & Aurora, and that where really cheap, so I decided to try them! And after a little googling for a good and easy recipe, I came up with this:

(I only brewed 5 liter, 1,3 gal, batches in the beginning, so I didnt had to pour out too much if I ****ed up :D)

Malt:
1 kg Belgian Pilsner malt
0.5 kg Carapale
0.1 kg flaked oats

Hops:
5g Aurora @60 min
7g Celeia @15 min
5g Celeia @5 min

Yeast: White Labs WLP566 Belgian Saison Yeast II

OG: 10.066
FG: 10.012
ABV: 7%
IBU: 28

I tried a bottle after 14 days, and it was good, but it had a weird little sting in the aftertaste, almost like chili, so I let it be for two more weeks.
And now, I cant believe how good it is. yellow colored, small citrus from the celeia (I think), very easy to drink, and that typical belgian style yeast flavor is sweet and fruity, and the 7% Alcohol doesnt taste at all! It feels like the perfect blonde summer ale, gonna do a new bigger batch right now so it will be ready for summer!

Just thought I'd share, it was a super easy and super yummy recipe! :mug:

saison_x.jpg

Back