Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Recipes/Ingredients > Perle Hopps seem off, can someone verify w. picture.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-12-2013, 12:23 PM   #1
hunmojo
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Perle Hopps seem off, can someone verify w. picture.

Hey guys im in Hungary, brewing away, picked up a few ounces of Perle Hopps, but it seems to be an off green almost into a brown color with a faint smell to them... I have yet to brew or encounter all different hop varieties, but this seems
a bit old to me if not off just yet.... I mean i remember my first batch , amarillo, and ekg, and all the other hopps i have smelled were amazing... with this I have to lean in to get a good whiff.
I know the color is going to look different on everyones computer, and the camera lighting wasn't "studio" but here is a picture. here in hungary there are only two online shops you can get brewing supplies, I have always ordered from the main one, great quality....but this time this other one was the only one that had Perle Hops, so i gave them a try...now i think im regretting it. The cost is quite high here in budapest. too. so i would miss the dollars spent as well if they are deemed crap.
thanks guys!!!

img_0607.jpg  

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2013, 12:25 PM   #2
hunmojo
Recipes 

ok I have actually found a 6mo. old tet, and hollertrau, in my freeezer which seem to have a brighter aroma still than this thing......

Old 01-12-2013, 06:21 PM   #3
jtejedor
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 6

They don't look too brown to me. And color might not indicate they are old or anything. I have had hops that were very fresh that had a brown hue to them so it might just depend on the variety.

Quick Reply