Karl Strauss Red Trolley Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akdiesel

Reaction score
Hey guys,
Really enjoy this beer and can't find a recipe for it. Per KS website it consists of:

Malt: Pale 2-Row, Carapils, Caramel 60, Caramel 80

Hops: Glacier, Willamette

Wanted to punch the numbers into Beersmith but haven't yet. Also what would you say for hop schedule? I will be making a 5 gallon all grain batch.

Here's what I came up. Please critique it, I know it is a little high on ABV but hit the SRM and IBU.

5.75 lbs 2 Row
8oz carapils
2.75 lbs caramel 60
3 lb 8oz caramel 80

.61 oz Willamette @60
1 oz Glacier @10

Holy crystal Batman! I don't know the beer, but I'm sure it's not 50% crystal. Typo? Super high crystal to me is 20% max.

Thanks! That's what beersmith gave me after putting IBU and SRM in. Adjusted the recipe to <20% but can't come anywhere near color.

To update this. Brewed this beer and had a low OG thanks to a poor crush from my LHBS. Added DME to bring the beer to spec and man did it turn out great! DME = 1.009 per lb in a 5 gal batch by the way. Let me know if anyone wants the recipe.

Latest posts

Back