Insanely Bad Elf

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

monkeybrewer

Reaction score
I am trying to find a clone recipe for Insanely Bad Elf by Ridgeway Brewing. I absolutely loved this beer and would like to replicate it. Does anyone have a recipe for this beer or one like it? Thanks in advance.

Thad

monkeybrewer said:
I am trying to find a clone recipe for Insanely Bad Elf by Ridgeway Brewing. I absolutely loved this beer and would like to replicate it. Does anyone have a recipe for this beer or one like it? Thanks in advance.

Thad

I have to say that that beer was probably one of the only ones that I have ever poured out. Just the wrong balance for me, too much alcohol (11.3%!) I believe that it is an Imperial Red Ale, but I am not even sure that this is a category of beer. You could check out bjcp.org to see what a typical one is like, if it is a category. That being said, I loved Very Bad Elf, or whatever the 6.0 % alcohol one is from Ridgeway. Good luck with the recipe!

PS A beer with that much alcohol will take at least 6+ months to even be drinkable!

Jason

Back