Fruity Pebbles in secondary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cruizer8

Reaction score
I was reading another thread on here about making a Leinenkugels Sunset Wheat clone and some of people were saying to put fruity pebbles cereal in the secondary. I assume they were joking but it made me curious what would happen if you did exactly that? Would it screw with the beer or just give it some flavor? Any ideas?

I guess I could have done a search and found my answer but oh well. U think I will give it a try on a smaller batch.

Seriously, Fruity Pebbles in beer?!? Come on, go for a serious Sunset Wheat clone. My wife loves the stuff and I think it's pretty decent as well for a change of pace.

Sunset is a wheat beer that is fermented using Leinie's lager strain. So you can start there, although a neutral wheat ale yeast fermented at cooler temps would probably suffice. Add some blueberry, orange, lemon, and maybe a little corriander and you'd have a much closer attempt.

This thread below offers a decent look using extract and steeping grains. I'd also add 1-1.5 oz of orange zest.

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f57/sunset-wheat-lager-56955/

Since I will be doing a 5 gallon batch, I think I will do one gallon of it with fruity pebbles just out of curiosity but try a real clone with the rest. Hopefully it will turn out well.

I finally got around to bottling this. I made a 1 gallon batch and let it sit on the cereal for three weeks. I will let you know how it turns out in another few weeks. From the small sample I had, it seemed a little sweet and you can definitely taste the pebbles.

Back