falconer's flight hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoorayitsbrewday

Reaction score
Hi all, first time poster, I just ordered some clearance hops from Austin brew.
Anyone used this blend, and what can I expect for results
Thanks!

I just dry hopped a split batch APA that I made with 1 oz falconers flight; and I love how it came out. Nice classic pale ale/microbrew flavor (if that makes any sense?)

Basically, I'd pay for this beer in a bar if I could. You'll love it. Def worked for me, for this style.
- beermethatbeer

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I've been using falconers for a couple of years in the house IPA. Columbus for bittering and falconers for aroma and flavor. Makes a nice, clean citrusy ale.

Awesome, sounds like I should have bought more!
I plan on using it in a light blonde, so its flavor should really shine.
Love the site BTW
BREW on!

FF hopped imperial IPA, about to dry hop next week and bottle on the weekend. Let you know in a few weeks but everyone hit on it...fantastic hop blend

Personally, I love Falconer's flight and also Falconers Flight 7 C's..... I make an all falconer's flight west coast style amber and I use the 7 C's in an american pale ale..... I think they are both excellent blends.

put me in the better with time camp as well. Mine was a FF APA was a little harsh right out of the fermenter but got good with time...like most beers

Just experimented myself with FF 7C's in a DIPA when they were out of what I originally went for. Serendipity!!...Amaaaaaaaaaaaazing beer. Especially in conjunction with Mosaic as a DH. Will definitely be using more of this stuff.

I personally don't care for them. To me, they just have a generic, citrusy American hop flavor, which is great if that's what your going for. I do like them as a base for more interesting hops.

Bottled my 7cs DIPA last night...oh man. First time I actually sat down and sipped the entire sample and hydrometer reading.

Last year, my local brewpub (Dark Horse) came out with a 'split-batch'-type of offering, where they used the same grain bill with 4 different hop combinations - you could try all 4 in a 12-pack. I was expecting the Citra one to be my favorite, but in fact it was the Falconers Flight. I wouldn't hesitate to use FF if you are looking for the the fruity/floral 'American IPA'-type style.

It wasn't until later that I learned that there are two different Falconer's flight types - there's the original, and the 7C's. That's probably pretty common knowledge but I was surprised to learn it - so hey maybe someone else will, too.

Latest posts

Back