Charlie's American Wheat Ale

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newbeerpig

Reaction score
Fermentables:
10 oz. Low Color Wheat
6 oz. Crystal Malt 20L
Steep at 160 for 30 minutes

6 lbs. Weisen DME

Hops:
1.5 oz. US Hallertauer 3.7% Alpha (14.1 IBU) Start of boil
.5 oz. US Hallertauer 3.7% Alpha (4.6 IBU) at 55 mins

Other Ingredients:
2 oz. Malto-Dextrine at 40 mins
2 tsp. Irish Moss at 40 mins

This is my first recipe post so please be gentle...

please post tasting notes when this is done because this is very similar to a honey wheat beer I am thinking about making and I want to know how the Crytal and Hallertauer worked together.

Thanks

Just cracked my testers last night after 3 weeks in the bottle and 2 days in the fridge and they were great. Very easy to drink, smooth finish with a slight bitter finish that left the palette very quickly. My neighbor was impressed how clear the beer was and could not distinguish between a commercial beer that I had as a comparison. Great spring / summer beer as it goes down very easy and was extremely refreshing, we were sad that we had only chilled two...:mug:

Just cracked my testers last night after 3 weeks in the bottle and 2 days in the fridge and they were great. Very easy to drink, smooth finish with a slight bitter finish that left the palette very quickly. My neighbor was impressed how clear the beer was and could not distinguish between a commercial beer that I had as a comparison. Great spring / summer beer as it goes down very easy and was extremely refreshing, we were sad that we had only chilled two...:mug:

Thanks good to know. I am still waiting to do my wheat brew.

Latest posts

Back