Perlick Kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rboulter

Reaction score
I've got a Perlick 2 keg kegerator (model 1002a) that seems to have somewhat crapped out - the compressor doesn't want to kick in when temperature gets too high and it ends up getting really hot inside. Seems like a thermostat problem, I'm hoping it isn't the compressor. Anyway, is there anybody out there that has similar problems with this type of unit that could provide some input as to how to fix the problem. I'm not sure whether to contact an appliance repair man or a commercial refrigeration guy, as this is a commercial unit and a normal repair man probably doesn't have parts on hand. I've researched optional thermostat options and I've been comtemplating buying an external thermostat like this one: http://www.homebrewers.com/product/BE875 to see if it would work. Anyway, just thought someone might have had the same issue, who could pass on some advice.
Thanks.

I have the three keg model perlick and It is doing the same thing. Im hoping it isnt the compressor either. Ive had my local appliance shop repair it before (just fill the freon) and it was $200. The guy who did it had the same one at his house!

What ended up being the problem?

Sorry to bump an ancient thread, but it showed up when I was searching around.

I too am in the same situation with the same 1002a model. It cools off plenty (to 30 by the cold fan vents and 35 at the bottom of the keg area), but compressor doesn't go back on until it hits 55/56 inside which leaves the average temp around 42/43. Obviously too high.

It seems at least 2 people have had this problem, did anyone ever resolve it? While the compressor does get pretty warm, it has no problem turning on and working. I have let it cool off completely inside and turn off the compressor, then I have opened the doors until it reached 55/56 and then it clicked back on and cooled off again no problem.

I am thinking its a thermostat issue, but I've been told they generally cant be manually adjusted and would just need to be replaced. Any idea if these parts are still available and what model numbers I'd use?

Thanks

Back