New Toy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jlinner

Reaction score
Our new "Beer Magic" just arrived this morning. After I assemble it I will post up some pictures of it completed. Sorry for the terrible pics but my battery was dead in my digital camera so I had to take these with my camera phone. :rockin:

Pictures of the toy

img026.jpg

img025.jpg

that thing is ugly. a complete waste of money and space. you should immediately send this to me in order to get rid of that ugly thing in your garage.

HarvInSTL said:
Ok I gotta ask, how much?

PS. You suck!

Thank god my wife doesn't read this forum.

It was a modest $5330.00 and 3 months build time when all said and done.

The guys over at Sabco are all great guys, great customer service and an outstanding product. To bad they don't make them anymore. :(

John Beere said:
What did I miss? They stopped making them?

Here is the last note from Bob at Sabco

Greetings to All....
Sabco is at this time considering the 'possibility' of divesting its interest in the Retail side of its operations. Retail production represents a mere 10% of the Sabco organization and we're weighing the notion and strategies of refocusing on the other 90% as we approach the busier season. If such a decision were to be made, items including the Brew-Magic System, Chill-Wizard and the remainder of Sabco's homebrew products, trade-marks, etc. would need to find a new home. I don't need to tell you that the Brew-Magic System and other Sabco products are deeply rooted with hundreds of loyal owners like yourself around the world. Be assured that if such an event should take place in the future, Sabco will make sure that all owners, have a secure and continuing source of tech./parts support into the future. Perhaps one of you may be that source. I will certainly keep in touch with you if developments happen. Meanwhile, now we need your support with suggestions and comments.

Best to you all...
Bob Sulier - Pres.
Sabco

Sabco has pulled all pricing and options for the "Beer Magic" and is not accepting anymore orders right now. They have also stripped there website of many items and most likely will not carry those items again in the future from what I have read. All of this coming after the announcement of the sale or closure of the brew section of Sabco. :( :( :(

Takes the fun out of brewing, doesn't it? A system like that is kind of like fishing with dynamite.

I prefer the good, old fashioned ways.

Cheesefood said:
Takes the fun out of brewing, doesn't it? A system like that is kind of like fishing with dynamite.

I prefer the good, old fashioned ways.

You raise a good point and one would think that is does take something away from the old fashion process of making beer. I on the other hand am a very mechanical - technical person and am very intrigued at the process at which the Beer Magic produces beer. Despite what people think the Beer Magic is a very hands on process and needs monitoring at all stages of the brew but much, much less attention then with traditional AG equipment.

Just my .02

Finally got the glycol wort chiller so we are taking the "Brew Magic" out on it's maiden voyage this Sunday. Brewing a simple 3 step Imperial IPA.:ban:

jlinner said:
You raise a good point and one would think that is does take something away from the old fashion process of making beer. I on the other hand am a very mechanical - technical person and am very intrigued at the process at which the Beer Magic produces beer. Despite what people think the Beer Magic is a very hands on process and needs monitoring at all stages of the brew but much, much less attention then with traditional AG equipment.

Just my .02

With that new controller they put on it you are able to upgrade to solenoid valves to automatically turn everything on and keep temps. It will also automatically turn on pumps and keep track of times. That thing will be able to repeat a brew session exactly the same every time with little effort.

When I built my system I didn't even think about that but when I saw that on the BM I wish I did think of it. I still have to turn valves and flip switches where that controller would do it all for you.

I don't know about the newer version of the BrewMagicPRO but the one I got last year was just OK until I converted it to a HERMS. Now my efficiency is way up for an identical grain bill. The model that jlinner just received does have a new controller and I believe SABCO is using a different heating element so maybe it is superior to the model I bought in '06. Nevertheless, I prefer the HERMS setup over the RIMS......at least for my model IV.
Hey, you guys may say that BrewMagic owners suck but for all of you guys who built your own RIMS, HERMS, or AG systems; you ROCK and I for one admire your ingenuity. Nice system jlinner, congrats.

Back