Metal Shavings in Converted Keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedVR6

Reaction score
Hi guys...Quick question (maybe a little silly). Last week I received all the remaining parts for my equipment to get me brewing again. :ban: While putting my converted keg together I noticed quite a bit of metal shavings inside of it from when the top was cut out and couplings installed.

What is the best way to clean the inside of the keg prior to use? Obviously vacuuming will work...just wondering if anyone has any other ideas? Here are a couple of a pics of the keg:

139341176_FE3vV-M.jpg

141407689_p5Lgo-M.jpg

More pics

Thanks,

Doug

That is a good idea with the bread. Am I missing something though? Couldnt you just put some water in it, swirl it around and dump it out?

Yeah, hosing it out seems to be the first step. You'll also want to give it a good scrubbing with some dishsoap or oxyclean followed by a thorough rinse.

By the way, you're not far enough away to talk your way out of the 4/6/08 brew day at my house...

Thanks guys! I will vacuum, hose, srcub and rinse. Kinda what I was thinking.

Bobby...LOL. I work in Piscataway. Let me check my schedule, going to Boston either the 1st or second week in April...can't remember which weekend.

Back