Latest addition for the brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CircleC-Brewer

Reaction score
Thought this might be a great way to control the speed of my motorized grain mill and my March pump. Bought this off of Ebay for $90. Has a 140 and 120 V option.

IMG_1063.jpg

Input is the correct hertz. I would be wary about the output hertz. Regardless of the voltage an AC motor needs to run the correct hertz or will shorten the life of the motor. For example a portable generator puts out 120VAC 60 HZ @3600 rpm. By lowering the rotational speed You will reduce voltage and HZ. While most motors can take varying voltage, HZ must remain at 60 or overheating of the motor is the result. I would contact the manufacturer. I hope this works for you. If not you may want to look into finding a gear motor that has the correct output speed with about 50-60 in/lbs of torque. I found one on ebay that spins at 181 rpm at 90in lbs of torque.

For some reason I picture all the lights in a 500 mile radius dimming as the sound of your grain mill coming up to speed is heard...

Awesome!!!

So what is it originally used for? It remings me of a model train transformer actually.

Latest posts

Back