Immersion chiller mounting

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate

Reaction score
Anyone have their immersion chiller mounted inside the brewkettle? Would like to see pictures of that.

mounted? I've never seen that myself.

it just gets dropped inside when its time to start chilling. having it mounted would make cleaning the chiller and the brew pot kind of a pain.

I mounted one inside my old 8 gal electric brew kettle. I wanted it to be a single vessel BIAB setup for quick test batches. It is just a 20' copper coil from Home Depot. I can also use it as a HERMS vessel or HLT if I ever wanted to. It looks exactly like a mounted HERMS coil in an HLT. There are many pics of those if you do a quick search.

I thought after reading the long thread on soldering stainless I thought that I could mount this chiller and make it removable. Add a couple flare nuts to the chiller and flare the ends. Solder in two flare fittings into the keg wall. On the outside two hose barbs or other fittings. Mount the chiller and leave in during boil process. It will be sanitized during the boil and can be removed after chilling. Maybe it's not worth the hassle of taking in and out.

Latest posts

Back