How much is my system worth?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xsturmin8

Reaction score
I'm moving away from my current location and unfortunately my new home will not have room for my brew system so I'm looking into selling it. I've looked around on craigslist and other places online but haven't found one similar to it that I can use to gauge a feasible price request. I thought I would pose the question to the community

My system:
15.5 gallon Keggle with thermometer, ball valve, and sight glass all professionally welded
Bayou Classic SQ14 burner
10 gallon converted round cooler mash tun (uses a stainless steel braid from a water heater line)
6.5 gallon glass carboy
5 gallon glass carboy
Miscellaneous stuff: spoon, auto-siphons, airlocks, funnel, Red capper, dial thermometers, hydrometer, lines, etc

as well as the cookery form my original system:
7.5 gallon aluminum pot with turkey frier burner

I also have a 5 Lb CO2 tank that I bought new and is about 3 years old, only used for brewing and one Corney keg, but I might not be able to sell these with the rest of the kit because of having offered them previously to a friend.

What do you all think is a fair price for this stuff? I know how much I paid for it all new but I'm not sure how the value degrades.

Cheers.

UPDATE: here's a pic of the keggle without the attachments screwed in. More later.

keggle.jpg

I'd guess $300 for the equipment listed as a max price to ask.

For the aluminum turkey fryer and pot, maybe $25.

The 5# co2 tank (assuming it's up to date in hydro testing) is about $40 and one keg is probably about $30.

Latest posts

Back