How do people clean a pot like this after mashing?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Elysium

Reaction score
I am about to buy this pot, but there is one thing I dont understand: how do people clean the spent grains from such a pot? Or even clean and sanitize it without moving it? It's big....800 liters (211 gallons).

I am planning to get 2...one for mashing and another one for boiling....pumps will do all the moving of the liquid, but then again....I have no clue how to clean them. :)

Any ideas?

They are out of stock, so unless you bought the last 2, or have another vendor, looks like you will have time to figure it out.

I'm thinking some form of ladder-scoop-bucket combination might do the trick of removing spent grains. Spray nozzles, hoses, cleansers and liquid sanitizers are all keen ideas for washing and sanitizing. Or a midget with a scotch brite pad. Whatever your budget allows.

They are out of stock, so unless you bought the last 2, or have another vendor, looks like you will have time to figure it out.

I think they are likely to restock it till Sept 2015. :) So, I guess the "I am about to buy" part should not be interpreted as "right now I am buying". :)

Or a midget with a scotch brite pad. Whatever your budget allows.

Umpa_Lumpa.jpg

Very good idea Archie. I have been thinking of hiring the team from Willy Wonka for some time. :)

Back