Cheap All-Grain Setup- Full Stainless Steel

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lastsecondapex

Reaction score
Bought this at Bass Pro and thought I'd send it off...

Use FREESHIP1 as the coupon code for free shipping.

http://www.basspro.com/Bass-Pro-Sho...y-Fryer-with-Spigot/product/10211714/-1631023

I had been doing the AG stove top method, but this is really handy with the spigot and built in thermometer. A Keggle will also fit in this base, its pretty sturdy. The other benefit of this over the one at Lowe's is that it has no safety stop.

I'm not convinced that a converted keg will fit on that stand without doing some modification like chopping off the vertical cage rails. The cheapo thermometer is apparently included, but it's not "built in" and those turkey fryer thermometers are notoriously inaccurate; not really suitable for brewing. It looks like it does indeed have a "safety stop" in the form of a timer. I would find that to be a major PIA.

I have this pot from the same kit; replaced the spigot with a stainless ball vavle and weldless bulkhead kit from Bargain Fittings. The spigot is crap. Maybe OK for oil for not my precious wort. For less than $30, the new vavle assembly looks and functions great.

Back