Banjo Burner Conversion to NG?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Great_Neck_Brewer

Reaction score
I have a banjo burner and I like it very much however, I'm now on a first name basis with my propane dealer. I was wondering if anyone has ever converted one to natural gas? I won't hold anyone liable for info.

Replacing the burner orifice(Gas Inlet Fitting) or drilling it out is all that is needed. Be advised that at lower gas pressure the maximum output drops also, although it is not as severe on the larger burners.

Replacing the burner orifice(Gas Inlet Fitting) or drilling it out is all that is needed. Be advised that at lower gas pressure the maximum output drops also, although it is not as severe on the larger burners.

Can you confirm this? I've read in numerous locations (including this forum) that the Banjo burners aren't compatible with NG. Is the NG fitting the same as the Hurricane?

I believe there are more than a few members that have made the conversion to NG from high pressure propane. Supply pressure for NG in residential applications is normaly set to 4" WC but can be higher, you can make a "U" tube manometer to measure the pressure. With the system pressure you can consult a low pressure orifice chart and get the drill size for the burner output you need for your burner.

Latest posts

Back