Auto Ignition on Hurricane/Banjo Burner and the Shutter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dcbc

Reaction score
I've been using wok burners with pretty good success. However, I've considered going back to Hurricane type burner (NG) under my MLT since the wok burners can be a little weird about the gap for the spark ignitor.

My question: When I had a banjo burner before, to get the blue flame with natural gas, the shutter had to be all the way open. But the ideal setting for lighting it would be all the way closed. What do people who have automatic ignition on these sorts of burners do with the shutter?

I'm going to play with the ignitors a bit more to see if I can get them to stay in place a bit better over the nozzles on the wok burner, but would really like something more reliable.

Little 12 hour bump. Surely someone has these on a stand with some sort of automatic ignition. I know it's Thanksgiving, but how many times can you watch A Christmas Story on TNT before you go check HBT?

Last bump in case anyone has any practical experience with this.

I use a DSI set-up with propane and leave my shutters unchanged throughout. I have no issues with lighting and remaining lit or yellow flames.

Back