12 Gallon Fermenter and Vac Pump

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bsquared

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I met up with RickWG Friday and he hooked me up! Thanks Rick. :rockin:

12-1.jpg

12-2.jpg

Bung.jpg

pyrex.jpg

I think this is going to work well with My previous attempt with a fermentation cabinet
Cab-5.jpg
but I'm not sure If it will fit in my five cubic foot freezer chest, I have a American Premium lager in there I don't want to disturb.

I bought a Vacuum pump on ebay a few months ago and have been using it to transfer my wort from the kettle through the CFC, and into my primary carboy, and then into the secondary. It works really well for both.

For the first transfer to the primary I pull my racking cane up so the Wart is aerated as in flows into the Primary. and for the transfer to the secondary I put the racking cane to the bottom of the Carboy to avoid aeration.

This will be nice when I have the 12gallon in the cabinet that I wont have to move it, but can use the vacuum to pull the wort up to the Carboy. Then I can use gravity and a pump to move the beer in to the secondary(s)...Ill have to get some more 5gal carboys.

I'm stoked to be getting set up for bigger batches! I tried to do two Batches at the same time two weeks ago, and that was no fun! I'd rather just brew bigger batches.

Latest posts

Back