Zynda Beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewticus

Reaction score
Folks,

A random request... Years ago there was a Detroit brewery called Zynda Brewing Company. It closed in 1948. Long story short, I'm a distant relative and avid home-brewer. I've searched for a while, but can't pin down a recipe for any of their brews. It'd be great to dust off one of the old family recipes and bring it back!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Brewticus

Folks,

A random request... Years ago there was a Detroit brewery called Zynda Brewing Company. It closed in 1948. Long story short, I'm a distant relative and avid home-brewer. I've searched for a while, but can't pin down a recipe for any of their brews. It'd be great to dust off one of the old family recipes and bring it back!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

-Brewticus
My name is Charles and John zynda was my grandfather

A quick internet search brought me here with a little history lesson to it Zynda Pils

Looks like a Bohemian/Czeck Pils, low abv around 4%.

Just throwing some ideas out you're looking at some base malt probably Pilsner/Two Row/Six Row an adjunct like Corn (flaked or otherwise) and then noble hops. If you can't get noble hops something like cluster/Northern Brewer/cascade or the like will get you there.

Again, just some ideas. Also, very cool finding a potential relative on the forum. One of my other hobbies is genealogy and it is fascinating how people find each other!

Back