Zune HD or iPod Touch

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sell my son's soul to Microsoft or Apple?

• Zune HD (rock it with ton o' space)

• iPod Touch (there's an app for that)

Results are only viewable after voting.

ISLAGI

1 beer short of a sixer
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So I am looking to get some type of mp3 player for my son this Christmas. He just turned 13 and thinks I am the meanest dad in the world because I won't let him get a cellphone (woohoo me!!!:ban:)

I am thinking that I want to get either the Zune or the Touch, so he can listen to music, watch movies/video, and even d/l some books now that Amazon is doing their thing.

I like the price and the storage on the Zune, but the Touch is a lot more flexible/feature-rich. Not only that, the Touch is at least 50 bones more than Zune.

Thoughts?

Microsoft is moving away from the Zune, so I hear. the iPods, of which my family has many, are well made, dependable, and sleek. I am not necessarily an apple fanboy, but the ipod has more street cred.

iPod if you want to lose that meanest dad in the world title. I don't like Apple from principal, but I love my Touch :eek: With the new touch's, you don't need a cell phone. If he's somewhere with a wifi connection, he can talk, video chat, and text with the touch. Gen4 needed for the video chat (facetime).

Depends on if his 13 year old is tech savvy, or just a 13 year old boy. AT the age, it doesn't really matter what the device can or can't do, it's the fact that there is a silver apple on the back of it and there are colored squares on the screen. Because that's what his friends' look like.

touché

but his hacker friends might like it....

I voted for the zunehd. I have an ipod and my friend has a zune. I feel that the only benefit to the ipod touch is the apps. Which for me, I do not care about. I think the zune sounds better, looks better, and the software is better.

I have no clue about microsoft steering away from the zune, but I would think not, since the new Windows Phone 7 has zune integration.

Though for his age I am sure everybody his age (and the rest of the world) has an ipod, so he would probably rather have the ipod.

Latest posts

Back