You know what beer I miss?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"I sure do miss the taste of Genny."

In the early 1970s, Genesee Cream Ale was about the only thing available in upstate New York that wasn't a American lager. Genny went back into production around 1990, but I haven't had one since college.

I first drank Genny cream ale when I was 16 at my uncle's farm in Upstate NY. Could never find it here in Texas, until recently. Spec's now carries it, and the sell out of it all the damn time. Seems like every time I go in, they only have a few left - the beer dept. guy tells me that when they have it, people buy 2 or three cases at a time.

Not sure if it is a case of a few folks like myself that miss it wiping out the stock every time, but I grab a 12 pack when I can.

As for beer that I miss, can't think of one that I just pine away for now that I can get Genny.

Leinenkugel's bock. I'm talking about the Leinie's that was made before Miller bought them.

We used to get kegs of bock when I went to school at UWEC. Really good stuff. The head was so thick you could stick a pencil in a mug of beer and it would stand straight up and not hit the side.

I miss that stuff. :(

Back