Yogurt Fast Sour - Sauerweißbier

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just added 3 lb, 11 oz of frozen apricots from the tree in our yard. I added them to a large muslin sack and then did a quick starsan dunk and added directly to the fermentation bucket.

OG was 1.038. Current gravity is 1.010 (just over 3% ABV) after 48 hours of fermentation. I'm estimating it'll drop another couple of points which should put me right around 3.5% ABV

I'm going to let this sit undistrubed for a week and then i'll prime and bottle.

WG3I2DK.jpg

WaD7IGO.jpg

@TandemTails I'm so glad to see I'm not the only making beer in old icing buckets. :rockin:

@TandemTails I'm so glad to see I'm not the only making beer in old icing buckets. :rockin:

Can't beat free :)

They work fine if you're only going to ferment in them for a few weeks. I like to rack off into glass if i'm going to age or secondary a mead or cider though.

Well, adding the apricots kicked up fermentation again over night. Woke up to some beer on the top of my fermenter and my airlock full of murky liquid. At least it didn't really start gushing and fill my fermentation chamber or something. At least the smell is pleasant

ZycOqH9.jpg

Can't beat free :)

They work fine if you're only going to ferment in them for a few weeks. I like to rack off into glass if i'm going to age or secondary a mead or cider though.

Yep, a portion of every sour beer I brew lately goes into one of these buckets for a few days or weeks, with fruit or dry hops.

The other day, I think Monday, I drank my sauer bier with tablespoon of Oregon blueberry pie filling in every glass. Dropped it in the goblet and filled the sucker. Almost killed a can of pie filling...LOL

I was feelin' no pain Monday night. I woke up thinking its Tuesday already..... WTF happened.

Back