WTF they just cut away in the last 30 seconds of an NFL game

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

weirdboy

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Watching Bills vs Raiders. 27 seconds left in the game, Bills have the ball in the red zone and need a touchdown to win. It has been a REALLY good game with several lead changes and lots of excitement.

Then CBS runs a little scrolly thing at the bottom, "due to contractual obligations with the NFL, we will be switching to the San Diego vs New England game now". So they cut to the other game just in time for kick off. So cut from most exciting game on TV to totally boring crap. WTF? I swear to God I want to kill someone at the NFL for this kind of stupid policy. I thought they stopped pulling this kind of crap after the Heidi incident.

Wow. That is crazy. But since you live in L.A. and there is no local team, I guess they consider the Bolts more local than the Raiders. Dunno, just a thought.

The start of last weeks University of Michigan night game against Notre Dame was bumped to something called ESPNU at the last minute because the game before on the correct channel was running late. After about 10 minutes, right in the middle of a play that resulted in a touchdown, they switched it back to the other Espn station. Right in the middle of the play...not waiting for the play to end or anything.

I'm seeing crap like this happening more and more the last couple of years.

Yeah, and it's great to see the Bills off to a running start! I hope the Sabres do the same next month.

Bernie Brewer said:
Uh-huh. ya, whatever. A last-second victory over Oakland, of all teams, and you have them going undefeated. I want some of whatever it is you are smoking.

;)

All of us WNY's are that way, it's in the water, and subsequently, the home brew.

I have noticed this more frequently as well. It's ridiculous. I would much rather see the last 30 seconds of a game winning drive than them switch to the kickoff of a new game...nothing THAT exciting will happen in the first 5 minutes of a game.

Uh-huh. ya, whatever. A last-second victory over Oakland, of all teams, and you have them going undefeated. I want some of whatever it is you are smoking.

;)

They did beat the snot out of the Chiefs... who turned around and got beaten just as soundly again yesterday.

Should make next week's matchup with New England more interesting.

The worst is when you set the DVR for the scheduled channel, but part of the game is bumped to a different channel, so you come home to find out you missed a big chunk of the game because the networks can't decide how long a timeslot they need for each program.

;)

Great attitude, Bernie.;) We WNYers need some glimmer of hope, and you shat all over it.

Great attitude, Bernie.;) We WNYers need some glimmer of hope, and you shat all over it.

I was luckily at the game, thinking "how many things can I be doing at home right now" at halftime. I'm glad I stuck it out!

*Off topic: kayaBrew3271111- Respectfully, do you really consider yourself a Wester New Yorker? I'm pretty sure you are in the center of the state.

;)

Oh hey...let's mark another "W" for the Bills...

yesssss!

Erie: I am originally from western Monroe county (Rochester area). Grew up a Bills and Sabres fan. Killed many brain cells in Buffalo bars in my 20's. And Jay, NY is no where near the center of NY. It's in the northeastern Adirondacks....5 minutes from Whiteface Mountain and 20 minutes from Lake Placid.

Back