• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Panel / Enclosure

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nate456789

Reaction score
Looking to buy a bare panel or enclosure to mount my PiDs and relays in for electric brewing.*

If you know of any sources. Member or retail.*
Thanks.*

I have these. Pretty small unless you plan a pretty basic setup.
34715-sale-electrical-enclosure-img_0434.jpg

34716-sale-electrical-enclosure-img_0435.jpg

Doesn't look deep enough for my PiDs. I need 6" min.
Surely someone has some left over stuff laying around their work bench that would work.

i have 3 in my garage. 2 new ones and a used one. I'll take pics and dimensions when i get done with work. FYI, they aren't the cheapest to ship.

Well I ended up picking up a 12x12x6 PVC junction box from Home Depot - $33.
Not my first choice and I was really hoping to find a metal box.

But I have 2 PIDs and 6 - 22mm switches to mount and need the space. But I don't have $200 + for a virgin panel of this size.
Plus I wanted room to mount some Temp read outs later or maybe my LOVE controller since it is a two channel and I have the RTDs already.

I found a panel on eBay that was close to this size but I don't think it was deep enough.
I am still in the market for metal and I haven't started cutting this one up yet if anybody has an extra one that will work.

Thanks

i'll get pics up tonight. sorry, my twins are taking up all my time.

just curious, where are folks getting their RTDs and RTD displays from? I found a couple of places for 22 mm switches

here are 2 enclosures I'm looking to sell.

The first is a 12x12x8. New, never used. Top with gasket, inside mounting panel, mounting hardward. $90 shipped.

The second is a used (not me)16x14x8 enclosure. It has two 1/2" conduit holes and a 2-1/2" hole all on the bottom, as well as the opening where a lock can be paces on the front. Could use a coat of paint. I'll sell for $30 shipped.

IMG_19141.JPG

IMG_19162.JPG

I ended up buying from eBay.
If you need the switches and lights and relays, the seller will ship it free if it fits in the enclosure. Pretty good deal. Makes it cheaper than the other sources. Unfortunately I purchased most of my switches and lights before this. But I still got some deals.
$4 for the same switch that was $12 at auber or open source. Plus free shipping.

Back