Wow, I think I scored BIG TIME!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shaundesjardins

Reaction score
I just scored:

2 - 3 gallon carboys
2 - 6 gallon carboys
1- 8 gallon carboy
2 - 10 gallon carboys
2 hyrdometers
misc. tubing
about 10 airlocks
200 wine bottles
Wine Corker (floor type)
and a few more misc. supplies.

FOR $40!!!!!!

I'm a beer guy myself but will be using some of the wine bottles for some belgian abbey beers I plan on making. My wife is getting into wine making.
I paid more than $40 for my basic beer starter kit. Hey, you can never have too many carboys.
I'm quite happy with this find.

I think you scored big time too! Can't hurt to make a batch of wine, sounds like fun. :mug:

In case anyone is wondering...this is all pre-owned stuff.
An elderly man in my neighbourhood is no longer making wine and is selling all his winemaking equipment so I bought a bunch of it.

wow good one. used stuff is the way to go! yay for saving money!

It also contains the spiritual kharma of the brewing gods that bestowed their goodness upon the previous owner. It can take ages to get that into new equipment. Pre-owned rocks!

You wouldn't take advantage of a poor old man, would ya? :D

Old doesn't mean stupid. I got four carboys from an older guy for $20. He just didn't want to make wine anymore and was moving into a smaller place. I think he only wanted them gone and felt he had to attach at least a token value to them. :)

Back