Would these eyewash stations work as brewpots?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woog11

Reaction score
I found these 10 gal eyewash stations at the salvage yard for $20.00 each. they are very clean, stainless steel, knida thin, but cheap. There are pics at, bradleycorp.com/products/safety/portable/viewproduct.jsp?pgid=1169. I dont know how to make this a link. Please take time to help me with this. All responses will be greatly appreciated.
skip...

Since it kind of sucks to follow a link, I posted the picture for you.
s19-690_highres.jpg

click the little icon of the world with the chain link (to the left of the mountains) then paste in the URL and you should get this...
bradleycorp.com/products/safety/portable/viewproduct.jsp?pgid=1169
or if you want to post up the image click the mountains and post the image location and you'll get this...
s19-690_highres.jpg

I can't really say if this would be an appropriate substitute for a brew pot.
Wouldn't you have to slice/saw off the top part?

that thing is mint! if thats stainless, and it is meant to hold pressure ( for pressurizing the eyewash solution) I would definatly pick up just one to test it out, and if it isnt conducive to fermenting, then your only out 20 bucks, but if they work good, then mail me 6 of em...

edit : jesus oops , didnt realize you want to boil in it, im sure that would work too though...

I wouldn't use it as a pot, but if it's stainless, you could easily turn that thing into a 10 gallon keg.

Thanks for posting the pic for me ericS. Although now im still not sure if i should use them or not. Yes i would do a little saw work on the top of them. This would be a great and cheap solution for a brewpot. These things sell for around $700- $1100.00 new so i was figuring its pretty good material and only had water or saline solution inside.Again thanks for the responses.
skip...

I think the biggest component to a good brew pot is a multi-layer bottom. They conduct heat more effectively, and in most cases help lower the risk of scorching.

For 20 bucks, I'd buy it... That could be used as just about anything in the brewing process...

Bobby_M said:
They're basically 10 gallon corny kegs. I wouldn't dare cut anything out. Use them as pressure vessels.

Finally, my lifelong dream of having a way to spray beer in my eyes has come true! :drunk:

If you need a brew pot and can buy this for $20 and money is tight... I'd go for it man. Yes it would also be really nice as a pressurized fermenter or as a 10 gallon keg, but you use it for what you need it. I know a lot of cheap stainless pots are not multi layered on the bottom, and my Keggle is not multi layered and boils some darn good beer!

For what you are paying for them, vice what they are worth new get as many as you can. You will find a use for them, and if not, you'll find someone who can use them.

Let us know if and when you get one, and what they look like inside. I would love to use one as a presurized fermenter.:rockin:

You should buy those and get some ball lock connectors to convert them back to being standard 10 gallon corny kegs. I bet they're the standard cornelius thread and everything. What's a 10 gallon keg go for these days on ebay, again? Right.. for probably $35/keg you could sell those off and buy some damned good brewing equipment.

I tried googling for a 10 G cornellius keg for purchase
The only link I could find was for a new one at Strange Brew

$425

I say that sounds like a bargain...you could buy allot of 15 Gallon Sankes / 5 Gallon Cornies if you got anywhere close to that on resale.

Cheers
BeerCanuck

I have this exact 15 gallon keg from Bradley without any fittings (http://www1.mscdirect.com/CGI/NNSRIT...MT4NO=41419990). Can anyone point me at a place to buy 2 pin-lock fittings so that I can use this keg along with my other cornelius kegs?

Would the pin lock keg post like the one here fit?
http://www.northernbrewer.com/shop/brewing/kegging/pin-lock-keg-post-assembly-gas

Thanks.

I'm not sure about pin locks. These are Firestone kegs. You want to look for posts that are made for Firestone. The liquid side is larger than most other corny kegs, the gas side is pretty universal. There are tons of places to buy them. Www.chicompany.com has them.

The first thing that came to mind was "Beer Fountain".

For twenty bucks, I'd get one just to set in the living room to confuse guests.

This is a really old post brought back to life. I'd hope to hell the guy didn't actually turn one into a brew pot.

Back