Wort Chiller Connection

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doornumber3

Reaction score
So i'm having an issue with my wort chiller connection to my sink. I just moved into a new house and have a new faucet that i can't for the life of me find a connection for. I've been to every store in my area trying to get something that will work and can't find it. Any suggestions?

FWIW if anyone is really into plumbing - I have an R5 sink attachment and trying to get it to connect to a 3/4 hose threading.

Even as a renter, there are usually ways to tap in under the sink. What fittings you would need depend on what is under there.

It's fairly common now to find the water supply piping feeding a shutoff valve that has a 3/8 inch compression fitting for the outlet. To tap into that you turn the valve off and unscrew whatever is on the compression fitting. Then a compression tee can be inserted.

Here is a compression tee at home depot as an example:
http://www.homedepot.com/p/BrassCraft-3-8-in-x-3-8-in-x-3-8-in-Compression-x-Compression-T-fitting-CT2-666X-P/202495893

You would need a valve on the other side of the tee and fittings to get to your desired hose thread.

When you move out, it's easy to put everything back the way you found it.

Back