Worse...Brewpub Names...Ever

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrphillips

Reaction score
From time to time, all of us have considered opening our own brewpub/microbrewer (and many have actually taken the plunge). In considering this, there are always a list of potential company names that just don't make the final cut, and many that cross your mind and make you thing "Good God, what's wrong with me?" This, my friends, is where I want to hear your best of the worst!

1) Dirty Enema Brewing Co.

2) MOD EDIT - Is also a poor name for a brewery

3) Mike's Fish Hatchery, brewery and Tire Care Center

Saw a sign once for a bar called Jerry's place. It also said cold beer and cool people... Not on the marquee haha.

i think my biggest pet peeve around here isn't the unclassy names, but the ones that make a brewery sound like a side project. Rough Draft for one. like "oh, this isn't your final effort? you have a 'final draft' brewery you're getting up and running after this one?"

You know, I don't like RD's beers for the most part, or his marketing strategy, but I dig his dedication to the craft. RD, in description and intent, holds its candle, craftwise. He's way into talking to the customers and finding out what the community wants. I totally respect that. Rough Draft is not a side project. He might not be a pro brewer, but he's into making well made beer, and I dig that.

Belching beaver, wet n reckless are probably the worst brewery names in San Diego but Hillcrest Brewing Co has the most obnoxious beer names.

At an SD beer fest a few months back Hillcrest Brewing wouldn't let my friend get a beer without asking for it by name.

"Can I try the Irish Red?"

"SAY THE NAME"

"Hmmmm can I get the red please?"

"Ask for it by name"

"Fine can I get a Crotch Rocket"

Just a tad off topic, but I consider this one of the BEST names for a business. It's in Dearborn MI just south of the big Ford Motor Company complex.

image-3900634344.jpg

Doongie said:
Just a tad off topic, but I consider this one of the BEST names for a business. It's in Dearborn MI just south of the big Ford Motor Company complex.
that's Dix Street btw.

There's a bar in northern WI called Whiskey Richard's, my main complaint is if your going to go with an un-classy name commit to it and call it Whiskey Dick's already.

Back