wonderbar dispense beer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaterWeasel

Reaction score
I scored a 6 keg system! 6 corneys, a dual regulator (one has a 5 hose manifold the other a single for force carbing) This was a pre-mix system (thats why it was scrapped) plus 2 cold plates with 2 wonderbar bar guns attached.
I plan to dispense homemade (still) wine, and sparkling cider, and possibly beer.
My question:
Can I dispense beer from a wonderbar (pre-mix) bar gun without getting too much foam? I would like to have the gun connected to my fridge which will hold all 6 corneys.
Anyone know from experience? Those holes look pretty small...

i had scored a similar setup and did some research. I didnt even bother to test because the overwhelming response at that time was it wouldnt work. The lines are so small and the the cold plate adds alot of resistance as well. Its fine for soda that is being pushed at 30+ lbs. but wouldnt work for beer. I ended up selling off 1 coldplate/gun combo and used that money to buy more faucets/shanks and used made a nice jockeybox with the other one.

pics please! :mug:

Its going to be a while before the thing is put together...It turns out my basement fridge will hold all 6 kegs (with slight modification) so its going to look like a fridge :)
My question however is left unanswered...can I dispense beer through a soda gun? Or will I need to add a tap?

i had scored a similar setup and did some research. I didnt even bother to test because the overwhelming response at that time was it wouldnt work. The lines are so small and the the cold plate adds alot of resistance as well. Its fine for soda that is being pushed at 30+ lbs. but wouldnt work for beer. I ended up selling off 1 coldplate/gun combo and used that money to buy more faucets/shanks and used made a nice jockeybox with the other one.

I was posting while you posted this reply...look at the times. LOL
Thanks for the info...I figured it may be a poor idea. I am going to run the cider, wine and possibly a home made organic soda through the gun and run a tap (or two) through the fridge door for beer.
Unless someone has tried it with success.....

Back