Won my first comp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Subbed for when/ if you post the recipe. Oh and congrats this sounds like the equivalent of a garage band guitarist getting to jam with zakk wylde :rockin:

9lb Maris Otter
12oz CaraMunich
4.8 oz Roasted barley (300)
1 lb Caramel 60

75 minute boil

2oz East Kent Golding 60min
1oz Fuggles 15min
1/2 whirlfloc 15

OG 1.059. FG 1.016. IBU 39.6. srm 15.8

WLP004 Irish Ale

Screenshot_2015-05-07-17-07-31.jpg

I mashed lowish, about 153, made a 1.5 liter starter, decanted most of it, then fermented cool (61) for about ten days. After that I did a most likely unnecessary drest at 68 for a couple days, then crash cooled to 34 for a week, then kegged.
This is my first recipe posting, so if I made some sacrilegious omission, or jacked up the "typical" format, I.apologize. if anyone makes this, let me know how it turned out!

Cheers!

Don't kill me for asking - but how much extract would it take to replace the MO? I am not ready for AG yet, but it looks & sounds delicious, and I'd like to try it sometime. (Of course, with my backlog of recipes, by the time I get to making it, I might be on to AG anyway...)

Thanks a lot for posting the recipe!

I'm the wrong person to ask, lol. I honestly have no idea, I've never done anything but all grain. Hopefully someone will post that does know...

Don't kill me for asking - but how much extract would it take to replace the MO? I am not ready for AG yet, but it looks & sounds delicious, and I'd like to try it sometime. (Of course, with my backlog of recipes, by the time I get to making it, I might be on to AG anyway...)

Thanks a lot for posting the recipe!

You need 5.4lbs of DME or 6.74lbs of LME per this chart:

Ok to do an update. ( yes I know it's been a while...)--Went to the brewery, made my irish, and it turned out awesome. Beer sold out faster than any of their beers ever did, and I've been invited back to brew, bottle, hang out with the brewers. It was an awesome experience, we even did a firkin with Jameson soaked oak chips that was a huge hit. I'm looking forward to taking full advantage of brewing many more times with these guys.

Awesome, glad you went ahead with it. Getting to do a Pro-Am is an awesome prize and experience. Well worth "giving up" a recipe. Wish I could try some!

Great job Hammerhead, being able to bottle will allow you to do be a small scale philanthropist, or even a substantial one. Find a need in your community for a fundraiser, and if the brewery gets behind it people's lives can improve one bottle at a time. Yes, I know that sounds dumb to say, but I am sure you get the gist. Maybe a numbered run made with local grain(s) if possible. Just an idea...

Make me feel great to be a member of this forum, being able to read of your suscess.

let us know when the next release will be.

Back